In this tutorial you will learn how to use the Quadruple 8×8 led matrix with MAX7219. With this code a scrolling text will appear containing various characters.
To wire your LED matrix to your Arduino, connect the following pins:
- Connect the VCC pin to 5 Volts (5V)
- Connect the GND pin to ground (GND)
- Connect the DIN pin to Arduino 12
- Connect the CS pin to Arduino 10
- Connect the CLK pin to Arduino 11
- Arduino Uno
- Jumper Wires Male to Female
- 32×8 led matrix with max7219
- Arduino IDE
- Led Control Library
Instructions and Code
If you want to change the text being displayed you just need to replace the characters in line 885 inside the ” GROBOTRONICS Sc….” with your own message.
Leave a Reply