With this tutorial you will learn how to control 220V AC with your Arduino via Triac.
Warning: This project deals with AC electricity which is dangerous if you don’t know how to treat it safely. You must treat electricity with caution.
To make your Circuit to your Arduino for controling AC 220V, connect the following pins:
- Optocoupler Pin 1 –> Arduino +5V via Resistor 180ohm
- Optocoupler Pin 2 –> Transistor Pin 3 and to Led
- Optocoupler Pin 3 –> N/C
- Optocoupler Pin 4 –> Triac Pin 3
- Optocoupler Pin 5 –> N/C
- Optocoupler Pin 6 –> Triac Pin 2 via Resistor 360ohm 1/2W and to Screw Terminal Pin 1
- Triac Pin 1 –> Screw Terminal Pin 2
- Transistor Pin 2 –> Arduino Pin 10 via Resistor 1K
- Transistor Pin 1 –> Arduino Ground
- Don’t forget to conect the other pin of the Led to Arduino Pin 10 via Resistor 1K